Every individual has a varying degree of sexual drive, this can especially be higher in adolescents and young adults and usually reduces itself as one becomes older. If your sex drive is causing you challenges in day to day life, you may undertake the following steps:
1. Approach a doctor about the possibility of medication that can help control libido.
2. If you are concerned about an underlying mental health issue, it’s a good idea to approach a therapist or psychologist who can help you navigate these challenges.
3. Needless to say, avoid anything that sends you into sexual overdrive. This includes films, porn, and literature.
4. Keep yourself busy. The less free time you have, the fewer chances you will spend time focusing on sex. Distractions such as busy schedules, projects, and other work help to divert your mind.
5. Channel your sexual energy towards something else, especially physical activity. A high libido may sometimes be the body’s response to not getting enough exercise and looking for ways to cope. Activities such as biking, running, and gyming are ideal.